Monday, August 10, 2009

The Great Camp Out Challenge!



This weeks challenge is The Great Camp-Out. Create a recipe card themed after the great outdoors and the adventures of camping out. 

The card above was created by the talented Lauri.  
I don't know about you, but my idea of camping involves a comfy hotel bed, hot showers and a TV! But that doesn't mean I don't like camping food! For today's Recipe Challenge, we are sharing camping recipes! and who does not like SMORES! Here is a recipe I use for baked smores, so you can have a camp-out right at home! This recipe card came together very quickly! I used Mommy and Me paper from Scrapbook Store at your Door, and just cut out the little bear and leaves from a section of the paper. I tied a little twine as well to mount the little pictures on. Very quick! and I like quick!This recipe card was created by Julie. This fun recipe card was created in honor of Bears. I live in a part of the U.S. where Bears are at the zoo and not in my woods. We love to camp in our pop up camper, but we are yet to visit a location that has bears in the wild. My Uncle tells me about living in Minnesota and having Bears come up on his deck, because he was baking cookies!!!!! I know if I were to bake these cookies in my camper oven the bears would come for dessert. Pecan Crispies are an old German cookie recipe that has been in my family farther back than anyone can remember. Have fun baking and watch out for those Bears!!!!!!!!!!
This incredible recipe card was created by the talented Lorie
The bear and chipmunk image, textured cardstock, and tree die cut can all be found at Scrapbook Store At Your Door. I added the fire, that I'd cut from some K&Co. DP, and the beans on a stick, which are from the Stampin' Up! Under the Stars stamp set. I just took my trusty little paper snips and fine cut the edges of the card stock for the grass, and I added some texture to the tree with my markers and a gel pen, my trusty Martha Stewart leaf punch provided me with some beautiful colored leaves for the tree, and that pretty much completed this camp out scene.
I hope you have found some inspiration here today. There's not much time left before school starts, so camping days will be numbered. Even if you don't have time to fit in the camping, do try those yummy beans. You won't be sorry!!!

This recipe card was created by the talented  Kathleen. Salads are a must for camping and this salad is a great alternative to the basic slaw that we all make. 
Let us know what you think!!!!!

Please play along with our challenge and post your link in the comments area of this post! We would love to brag on your work (: 

3 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great job everyone!!! I am so excited to try these yummy recipes on Fall camping trip (:

Jean Marie said...

All the recipe cards by the DT are so inspiring ! Beautiful and look so tasty to boot...:) tfs!
my take on the challenge

http://jeanmaries.blogspot.com/2009/08/camping-out-chili-recipe-layout.html

Mrs B said...

I am having so much fun with this challenge site!!!! Here's mine
CindyB